Arsenal

Arsenal

Friday, July 18, 2008

Henry --Greatest Gunner + Wenger on new Season+ Coquelin

Thierry Henry -- Its the name which every Arsenal fan has stamped on his heart.Then, him being voted the Greatest Gunner by online voting of the Arsenal fans in a poll of 50 Greatest Gunners comes hardly as a surprise.To set things straight, in whichever way u see it, I am a die hard Henry fan .I, for all this years had him as my favourite Arsenal player, the title of which has been duly replaced by Cesc Fabregas. However, Thierry still holds a place in my heart and to that, I believe, in every Gooner's heart.I still dream of someday, seeing Henry donning the Arsenal colors once again. My brain says thats not possible, but u know how heart can be cruel and play over your sense of judgement. Its my dream to once again see Henry for the Gunners and I think a million out there share the same view.

All the fans know that Thierry always loved the fans and the fans loved him. He always mentions, his rapport with Arsenal's supporter which has been excellent and which will continue to remain excellent and which no bull sh*t of a club that Barcelona is, can ever take out of him.Thats said about it .....

The Frenchman beat off the likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Tony Adams and Patrick Vieira , who by their own regards are one of the legends that have graced the red and white jerseys of Arsenal. I think they would be themselves proud to have shared the pitch with Henry.

Henry came out with his feelings about being voted the Greatest Gunner quoting on the Arsenal site.

“Thanks to everyone who voted for me,” he said. “It’s always a true honour when something is voted for by the fans, especially Arsenal fans as they have many great players from their past to choose from.

“As you know, I loved my time at Arsenal and have many fantastic memories from my eight years there. It was an honour to play in the historic red and white of Arsenal especially at Highbury. I’ll always follow the team and what they do. I’ll always be a Gooner in my heart.

“And finally thanks to the fans for their support during my time at the club. They were right behind me and the team in good times and bad.”


Rightly said Henry, every word of it. Well, now you just need to tell those shitba*s at Barcelona that you need to be back at Arsenal for one final season and that would make my day.Like they say Impossible is nothing......


Arsene Wenger, gave an interview to Arsenal website in which he revealed a whole host of things about the questions he was asked, regarding what were his plans for Arsenal. Here is the few excerpts from the interview:

"'Of course I am in a position where I can spend the money."

"But every time we have done such a great job with the young players that you are concerned 'do we kill a young player or not by bringing another player in?'

"It is a very sensitive subject which is not specially linked with money."

"There is a lot of talk in the press, but we have always managed at this club by balancing the budget," he said.

"We should not be criticised for that and should be respected for that."

"It was by far [the most unlucky term], with the decisions and injuries. At some stage you could not believe how bad it was," said Wenger.

"But you have to deal with that and have to use it as a platform to come back and be even stronger mentally."


I think his views about obstructing the development of a young player by signing a new experienced player is a bit too much. It's obvious that we need experience player for CDM role.Also, about being unlucky, I am on same wavelength with him. I too thought that we were quite unlucky with the injury aspect last season and also with some of the decisions going against us in some of the crucial matches. Let's hope that we are more lucky this season.

I think Wenger didn't want Hleb to go but as it is fast turning out things are not going the way as he would have liked them to go.The fact that we have lost almost all our experience players except for the humble Kolo Toure and crazy William Gallas, can be a discomfort for any manager.Wenger somehow enjoys doing things that most people would not even consider doing. I think somehow he finds some sadistic pleasures in surpassing challenges, the thought of which would put off, many a good Football Managers. This is what is driving his will and his desire to be an Arsenal's manager. I believe it's solely because of the thought that he could raise his army of players assembled from places, no one's heard of and create them into one fighting unit. That is, Wenger' s Army of Youth could go on and demolish the likes of Ac Milan in their own backyard is whats fuels his passion .Although, I call it Wenger's Army but mark my words as this army is instructed, to not be brutal and insensitive but instead, he has grilled in them the art of playing football the way it was meant to be , the free flowing , one-2-one passing game that would leave even their mighty competitors in awe.

Lets see what he can achieve from his players whom he highly believes and trusts in to becoming the greats of football.

Good news as Arsenal have confirmed on their website that we have officially signed French under17 International Francis Coquelin from Stade Lavallois. He is a central defensive midfielder and has been given the 59 number shirt. So goodluck to him.


Tomorrow is our first 2008/09 seasons Warmup friendly against Barnet at Underhill which has over the years become a traditional fixture.Lets see how the lads perform with the likes of Ramsey and Vela likely to feature. If u wanna watch the match live, I will provide you the link in my next article.If you wish to download Arsenal' away kit screensaver click here.Till then . .. Go Arsenal Go.......

No comments: